The main purpose of our online ticket booking system is to provide an alternate and convenient way for a customer to buy cinema tickets. It is an automatic system. After the data has been fed into the database, the staff does not need to do anything with the order once it is received through the system. In fact, there is similar system on the internet, but there is no refund method found in the existing system. The goals of our system are:
1 To provide a anytime anyplace service for the customer
2 To minimize the number of staff at the ticket box
3 To promote the film on the internet
4 To increase the profit
5 To obtain statistic information from the booking record.
About this project
Our online E-Ticket System (ETS) is a web-based system. The customers can buy ticket online and cancel the seat at a suitable time (2 days before the show to 1hour before the show). To enhance the refund function, all the customers have to registration become a member before buying ticket.
Staff can use the system to insert and delete data (e.g. film description , time table) which will update the webpage(webpage are dynamic page, changing according to the data in database). Also, staff can check the statistic information from the system.
General Requirements (functional)
1. The web page (e.g. The time table page, the main page) will be generated automatically according to the data in database.
2. A way in which the customer can create its own account(member registration).
3. A way in which the users (both customer and staff) can login to the system to perform different operation.
4. A way in which the customer can modify its own data.
5. A way in which the customer can place a order by just clicking the seat (which is shown on the screen) and insert some card data.(some simple operation)
6. A way in which the customer can cancel the order and get the refund.
7. A way in which the customer can check the ticket record according to the transaction number.
8. A way in which the staff can use the system to add data(e.g. film description) to the database.
9. The system can verify the data before transaction.
10. The system can generate the time table automatically(by just input the length of the film) or the time table is set by the staff.(2 operating mode for the staff to insert data).
11. The system can generate some statistic information according booking and ticket selling record.
12. Users can check film data by clicking on a certain film on main page(e.g. The cinema which will show this films).
13. Users can check a cinema data by clicking on a certain cinema on main page(e.g. which film is now showing)
Entity Relationship Diagram
Our E-ticket system is highly related to the database, most of the fields and variables used in the webpage will also appear in the database (except some flags and temporary variables ). So, in our Data Modeling part, we will only concern about the data appear in the database.
Tables are the most important part of MS-Acess part as being the input which will result into the output. In this system we had used several tables , the screenshots of which had been given below.
Booking details is being associated with many attributes namely booking code, booking rate, number of seats booked, email id, movie name, movie id, corporate user and booking date.
In this case booking code is considered as the primary key.
Table- Card Details
Card details are being associated with many attributes namely card number, e-mail id, expiry date and card associated with which bank. In this case card number is taken as the primary key.
Forms are major supplemenets to the table. They can be used to submit information with ease which later or can be analysed from the reports. We have built up certain forms which can give a better view of this system input as well as output.
Forms- Booking Details
By this form we can input new information related to booking details. Along with it one can also view the details of the tickets booked. If connected directly with the printer it can be used to provide customer with the official ticket along with the PVR cinema’s stamp.
Forms- Card Details
This form enables the user to access information regarding the payment via credit/debit cards. Information like the card number, name of the card holder, the name of the bank, expiry date of the card etc. can be gathered.
These details also help the user to track the payment details made the customer.
Report is the part of the project used by the internal users of the corporation of PVR cinemas.
This report contains reviews about the booking details, details about the corporate users, their identity and their work, details about the movies screening, revenues earned in different cities, number of seats booked in a day for various movie shows and total no. of registered users in different metro cities.
The information reads as follows:
This section comprises of the name of various movies screened in a particular day, the availability of corporate users for every movie and the no. of seats booked by them.
This part consists information about the corporate users, i.e. name of the users, the tools to contact them, which includes their e-mail id’s and their mobile nos. and the city to which they belong. This information is used by the internal authority to seek timely information which can be used for the promotion purposes.
It consists of various details about the movies being screened for the week, the location of the PVR cinemas in the city, name of the movie, date for the screening of various movies, and timings of the movie show at which it is to be shown.
It gives information about the people who are willing to book their tickets, i.e. their name, the movie they booked the ticket for and the date for which they booked. Further, it shows the no. of corporate users, total no. of seats booked and the total revenue generated by that location of PVR cinemas for that week.
It gives details about the no. of seats booked in a particular day for a particular location of PVR cinemas. Likewise, it shows the booking of seats for every location of PVR cinemas in various metro cities.
TOTAL REGISTERED USERS
It contains information about the total no. of registered users on a particular day in every city, their e-mail id’s, their mobile nos
-Considered 6cities of India.
-Each city and location has different capacity.
- Price fixed for tickets over the period of time
- No cancellation of tickets
-System to be used for internal operations
- Mode of payment is fixed i.e. credit card
Scope for further improvemet
This ticket booking system for PVR cinemas is a slice of real time management system that can be practically implemented. However there are certain assumptions and certain limitations that could be overcome and various new application could be added like:
· This management system can be applied to each and every source and destination.
· Mode of payment can be modernized
· Cancellation and refund can be implemented
· At the time of reservation customer could choose from different types of seats.
· Pricing can be made dynamic